Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Head, shoulders, knees, and toes!

Where are they? Sophie knows! Well, she knows most of her major body parts anyway. We have really been focusing on body parts for the last week or so. When asked, she will point out her eyes, ears, mouth, nose, belly, and feet. It's so cute! I think she knows hands, too - it's just harder for her to demonstrate that she knows where her hands are. I got her on tape last night pointing out a couple parts of her body:


It is definitely getting harder to videotape her. Usually, as soon as she sees the camera, she just wants to go at it!

We also had a breakthrough the other day - Sophie started saying "mama"! I was ecstatic, to say the least. ;) I just got home from work and went in the bedroom to change clothes. I started calling Sophie's name (I often do this to make her follow my voice throughout the house and find me) and heard her start to crawl toward the bedroom. Then I hear, "ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma" and in comes Sophie. How cool is that?! I continued to say "mama" and she mimicked me all night. I don't think I'm counting it as her first word just yet because she hasn't continued to say it spontaneously, but it is still amazing. Definitely an "A-HA!" moment. :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi, just saw your blog! I also have a little girl named Sophia, born on 2/13/2010 and was bilaterally implanted in February this year. My blog is at http://babyohblog.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Yay for the mama babbling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for mama!!!! definitely a milestone moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay sophia! hearing mama is amazing isnt it!!!
    She is doing so well!!! you should be one proud mama!!

    ReplyDelete