Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Splish, splash!

That's right - bring it on, summer! No anxiety this year. :)  Two years in, I think I'm really getting the hang of being a CI mom!  We had a very successful day of swimming over the weekend and Sophie had a blast. I think these pics say it all:









Sophie was able to swim, splash around with her cousins, and even go underwater while HEARING all of the sounds around her because we "waterproofed" her implant. We put one of her back-up CIs in a plastic bag and had her wear a swim cap on top to keep it secure and provide protection. Of course, my husband is in the process of brainstorming, fine-tuning, and perfecting this method (as he does with everything), but it worked wonders!

4 comments:

  1. Thats so awesome your able to do that! wish there was something like this for ha's lol. Looks like she had so much fun! i still find it odd you guys are swimming in pools & we are freezing here waiting for the snow to touch the mountains..lol :) enjoy your summer xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the idea!!!! I was PARANOID to wear my N5 today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know when you guys perfect it, I am looking into making Hunter's swim proof as well... just a little nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you using the Aloksak bags? They are MAGIC.

    ReplyDelete