Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sophie, Lily, and Alexander

We had a special treat earlier this weekend when we got to meet this awesome mom and her two sweet kiddos, Lily and Alexander! They were in St. Louis for Moog's summer workshop and stopped by on Friday evening for a visit. Lily is two years old and has bilateral implants. Alexander is a little guy (just nine months old) and wears hearing aids. Their hearing loss is also caused by Connexin. It was so nice to meet another family that has gone through the same ups and downs that we are experiencing. Another mom that completely and totally "gets it".

Lily is doing wonderfully and she absolutely blew me away with her language. The sentences she was putting together forced me to just smile and shake my head. Amazing. I hope Sophie is doing that well in another year or so. :)

I took a few pics of the girls together, but it was after bedtime, so you can only imagine the outcome. ;)



I promise to post a detailed update of Sophie's progress soon. She is in the middle of a language explosion and is saying a ton of new words, but I haven't had any time to blog lately. It's so exciting, though!

Lastly, Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment